6 March 2012

This time last year

We were in Dungog NSW. Our cat Misty was heavily pregnant, and so was Mummy. We were guessing who’d give birth first. Sparkie had just learned to come when she was called and I delighted in taking her for off lead walks.

performance_20febSparkie_march2011

^ Sparkie and me, February and early March, Dungog NSW ^

Just a warning – this post, and the next few posts, might be kinda sad. This one definitely is. It’s coming up to that time of year. Don’t worry though, there’s happier stuff down the bottom of this post. I won’t be offended if you just scroll past all the heavy stuff and go down to read about the latest Superdog news.

 

Ok, here goes. I’m not gonna say March 12 this year is going to be easy. In fact, I’m saying it’s going to be hard. With all the floods in NSW we’re unable to get to Newcastle in time to visit the cemetery. I know I haven’t said much publicly about it all, but I’m planning on saying more on the day. It’s hard to believe Serenity would be nearly a year old. What are we going to do for her birthday? Trick routines, definitely. I’ve nearly sorted mine and I’m pestering the rest of the team to get theirs organized. Apart from that, I have no idea what we’re doing for it.

And Gyvie. Our beautiful kitten now nearly a year old too, who was born around 10am the morning of March 17, the day of Serenity’s funeral. It’s hard to explain how I feel about him. Something along the lines of “God took something and God gave something.” Gyvie doesn’t really fill the gap left in our lives, but he’s special to all of us.

IMG_5682

 

And here’s the promised happy news. We got a new frisbee and the dogs are doing great with it! Sparkie’s getting fairly consistent 3/5 and the occasional 4/5. Tess is sticking with 3/5 mostly but she’s got a few 4/5 and 5/5. Lassie usually gets 1/5 or 2/5 – she gets 3/5 and 4/5 when I throw, so I’ve told Chana to practice more. Chantel also needs to work on her throwing style, but Sambo’s getting 1/5 usually which is pretty good as it’s his first time with a frisbee.

IMG_6276IMG_6340IMG_6315IMG_6300

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were so brave to share your heart with us Jasmine. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry to hear of this sad time for you! :-( I think you're keeping a very positive outlook.

    Lovely pictures. And glad they like the new frisbee!!

    Hsin-Yi & Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete